September 1, 2010

Moving in the flow? (68/100)

Where yesterday I felt Your hand in the small of my back pressing me forward, today has felt like I'm running in Your flow. Moving from one role to the next with ease and rest. Spending time today preparing for the next week of interactions you have created for me to continue to move this ministry forward.

I sit here in awe of You. Just a few days ago I was wondering what I was going to fill these hours with each day, but content with the progress made in this journey of discovery and in developing this organization. Look at all of this You are making possible, and all I have to do is walk with You. Amazing!

Help me, Lord, to rely on You and trust You as well in this class I am taking. Give me the focus and insight to prepare this advocacy piece that You have called us to while I engage this material. I know this is Your heart for those going cross-culturally; otherwise, I wouldn't be in this ministry. However, I really don't understand this class and how all of this fits together. Jesus, provide clarity of thought, understanding, and expression.

I find it so easy to work on the planning and programming development. But You have shown me that where these things are at is sufficient. I have done all that I need to do until I meet with the various people over these next two weeks.

My resistance in this case feels different than a few days ago. This feels like avoidance, maybe, even rebellion.

I see myself acting like a spoiled brat of a child who is defiantly saying, "Enough! I'm ready for summer, and I don't care that there are still weeks of school left."

O, God, give me the grace needed to connect with Your heart beat in these assignments. Cause me to continue to grow in trust in this process as well, to trust that through and in this class (that has become so frustrating to me), You are present. You are active. You are good.

No comments: