September 19, 2010

The real trust is in the details (86/100)

As we move further in this work, the details emerge to finer and finer levels. Sometimes this is exhilarating, particularly, as we develop aspects of the services (programming) we envision providing. The details of the finances on the other hand touch places that trigger fear and challenge my ability to trust and rest.

I long to live fully into all You have given us vision for but really, how?

Even if we are only talking about the start up money, where will this come from?

Can I trust You to give vision, to place this desire in me, and then to provide the means of accomplishing it? The enormity of the task and the needed funding is overwhelming.

But, I don't need to know where the funding for all of this is going to come from. All I need to do is what you are asking me to do today to be ready. Then, I am to trust that when we have the need for applications, and legal fees, and accountants, and trips, and materials, and . . . Then, I need to ask You for what we need, specifically, and look for Your provision. Dollar by dollar, fee by fee, ticket by ticket.

Lord, help me. Cause me to trust the saying I have heard, "The Lord will not guide where He doesn't also provide." Trusting that in all of this that I cannot see, You remain present, active, and good.

No comments: