September 4, 2010

Learning to extend grace to me (71/100)

Continuing to struggle with my emotions. Unrealistic expectations for these times have surfaced today when my time is not my own and when I am physically not doing as well.

Trying to invest the time today eventually was possible when I began working on other less intense aspects. This feels like a lesson for the future. When this 100-day journey is through but I am still called to developing this ministry and living into Your calling on my life, I need to be gracious with myself. I need to recognize that everyday does not have to engage these things in the same way, and in fact, should not engage in the same way. There is, and will always be plenty to work on. As I am called to help others be to be gentle with themselves, so must I. There are rhythms of intensity in every work that must be lived in order to be most effective, most productive.

Lord, help me to set plans that are consistent with how You have made me -- realistic, real, grace-filled, resting into You.

No comments: