September 12, 2010

Congruence in life and desire? (79/100)

congruence -- the quality or state of being, coinciding, or being congruent (in agreement or harmony)
My recent illness has caused me to pause and acknowledge the need for my own pursuit of wellness. Now it's not like I haven't been aware of this, particularly, during this journey where my margins have become almost nonexistent. However, seasons of increasing demands are part of life and ministry, but they are only to be seasons and not a habit of life. The ongoing neglect of the gifts God has given in health, relationships, time, and activities is what is becoming evident. 

If I conclude these days of intentionality and fail to learn that space to work on this ministry and to live into all that God has made me to be, then I have missed one of the primary reasons for God's call into this journey. Only when I reach a state of congruence with what I am attempting to help others establish will I be effective.

With just over 20 days left, my need to consider the transition is important. What am I taking away from this experience (not just for the ministry but for me and my life with Jesus)? In the same way I prepared for this journey by designating the two-hours of time each day, how will I approach the days ahead? Is there space that has resulted from this experience that is meant for me to model a life of holistic wellness? Will this journey have fruit that is lasting?

Jesus, I don't have answers for these things. Guide me into them as You have guided me in these days. Remaining in Your embrace, cause me to continue to rest into Your movements step by step.

No comments: