September 7, 2010

Evidence of impact, influence, and change (74/100)

When it seems that the work I am doing is having little impact, God graciously gives me the opportunity to see things from His perspective.

Meeting with the mentors from SCORE was very encouraging. They advised me that much of what is needed to complete a business plan is already included in our strategic plan. It just needs to be re-ordered or appropriately expanded. Their advice was specific and confirmed our process for seeking counsel from those who have gone before us. They even offered the possibility for individual help if we can't arrange for making the training classes they offer.

Work today was over the top in volume to be accomplished. Yet, in the midst of the day, the gratitude of several of my patients, despite my tardiness in getting to them, displayed the influence I have had in their lives.

Finally, the influence of transformation was evident in me when time after time the schedule was too much, the tasks were too many, the computer equipment continued to fail, and yet, I remained calm taking things one after another. Keeping an attitude of presence -- both being present with all of my patients, even those who displayed their frustration, and the sense of Your presence as I moved through the day.

Thank You, Jesus, for peace and provision.

No comments: