September 3, 2010

Feelings of despondency, hints of Your hidden work (70/100)

At the end of myself, what do I really have to offer? How can God use me? Will I trust Him? Though I see no strength or sufficiency in myself, can I hold onto His sufficiency and strength?

When fatigue and my need for rest and longing for You dims the normal brightness of my world, will I hold onto what I know is true?

Will I hold onto You?

In the midst of a lack of control over my schedule and as I try to be fully present to my family on this trip, these are my thoughts today as I engage this journey of intentionality. I remember that in the past when I have felt like this, You were in the midst of leading me into deeper experiences of You or greater revelation of my calling. It was almost as if the enemy knew this and was trying to get me to turn back just before the break of dawn. Could this be the case now?

Lord, I choose You, to hold onto You as You accomplish all that is needed. Give me the grace needed for these days.

No comments: