September 16, 2010

Beginning to live what I have learned (83/100)

Planning for our Fall retreat now for the third year is a last minute thing. (Clearly our need for good administrative help is again showing itself.) The press to find a suitable place was on me yesterday, but taking notice of the lessons learned during these days, I stopped, asked Jesus to handle this, and asked Him to hold it all until I could spend time on it today.

Today, I received a phone call. The person on the other end asked, "We are wondering if you have a place for your Fall retreat?" I'm glad I was sitting down because I might have fallen over. Then later I received an email from another place about the availability of their new retreat cabins. Wow! Now granted, these are not everything we could hope for one day, but either is certainly adequate for our current needs. It was one of those times recently when I have sensed God's presence in this work.

Within this next week there are three significant opportunities for steps forward in this ministry. The reminder today that we are not alone in our own strength has been huge for me. To sense my need to rest is one thing, but to see how He handles things when I do  . . .

I don't know why I am surprised when I see Him do things, but it does keep me grateful. He knows this is what I needed today, and he provided.

We are walking together into His plans for us.
Keep our eyes fixed on You, Lord, along the way.
Keep us aware of Your provision and Your delight in providing all of our needs.

No comments: