July 1, 2010

Space to invest (6/100)

Much of today was available for this work, and I was excited by this prospect. Despite this with fatigue being the context of the day, I thought I would struggle more to engage. In fact, I had trouble turning it off. I knew I needed to sleep and detach a bit in order to recover my energy and be ready for ministry responsibilities planned for the evening. However, I found myself repeatedly saying, "Let me just do this, and then I'll take a break." After this internal conversation for more than an hour, I forced myself to stop to eat lunch and rest.

It amazes me how lost I can become in this. Thank you, Jesus, for granting me an area of ministry that so captures my interest and imagination that I can't stop. How I long for the freedom to participate with you in this full time.

Yet, I see the potential hazard in my ability to become so engrossed in this kind of influential work. Lord, keep me in balance so that the ministry does not become more important than you or more engaging than the people you place in my path each day to whom I am to express your call to live into all you have made them to be.

No comments: