July 29, 2010

Some days are hard (34/100)

Yesterday, was so good. Today was so hard.

To give myself to this work of ministry and the revelations of God in the midst of it for an entire day is so cool! I just want to be in this place all the time. But for now, this is not possible. The ache of this sometimes brings tears, as at this moment, and other times provides opportunities for frustration and impatience to take root.

I long to be at peace and rest in the waiting, and at times I live this and enjoy it to the full even in the context of other responsibilities. But there are days like today, when it is so hard. I miss you in these times where I become distracted from the present moment, from what you are doing right now in front of me, because I am mentally pressing ahead of you. O, God, forgive me! Turn my gaze back to you. Restore me to a place of indifference in all else but the pursuit of you.

He looks at the earth, and it trembles; He touches the mountains, and they smoke. Psalm 104:32

But when You look at me I am cleansed, I am renewed; when You touch me I am empowered, I am filled. It is for this reason that I have hope. It is why

I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. Psalm 104:33

No comments: