July 30, 2010

For the sake of my calling (35/100)

ready to be done....!!

working on this research proposal has been good during these initial days of my 100-day journey, but now I'm tired of doing this! I want to work on other stuff! I'm sounding like a 3-year-old.

Staying focused unto completion is hard. I could walk away. The grade is good enough, not that grades motivate me anymore. (Kinda like money.) They had their use at some point but lasting motivation has to come from some place deeper. What motivates me to finish this proposal with excellence? Maybe I'll need to present it to someone for that purpose? Maybe someone will fund it? The process continues to refine and clarify my thoughts regarding why and how we are to use previous research and the work done by others as we follow God's leading for us in this work.

My struggle these last two days with impatience has not occurred without me noticing. I'm a visionary. My first strength is Ideation. No surprise that completing projects is hard work.

Following God into living who He has made me to be means I am faced with times like these where I am not naturally equipped. Recognizing the goodness of Jesus: carrying me through, providing others to hold me in the midst, granting the giftings of those who are skilled in these areas where I by design am lacking, creating opportunities for rest and empowerment when I need to live outside of my giftings for the sake of my calling.

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Romans 1:29

Therefore I will give thanks to You among the nations, O LORD,
And I will sing praises to Your name. Psalm 18:49

Thank you for stretching me into places I don't prefer unto purposes I don't understand but into arms that I have learned to trust.

No comments: