July 28, 2010

In step with God (33/100)

I had the privilege today of hearing the story of a friend who has gone before us in this experience of following God's prompting and seeing an idea become a functioning organization of service to the community. She sees her journey as a demonstration of the grace of God because although they didn't know what they were doing You led them step by step. She mentioned how through circumstances and people You kept her moving onward rather than immobilized in uncertainty. I see hers as a journey of transformation that has grown her into who she is today and influenced hundreds along the way.

It was affirming to hear her story knowing where you have brought us from and the way you have led us. In this current place of activity with rest, I can see You and I walking together into this ministry. Your gentle nudge, Your soft voice, each step firmly leaning into You but neither lagging behind nor pressing ahead. Grace in action.

Our lives get in step with God and all others by letting him set the pace. Romans 3:27 (The Message)

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. Matthew 11:28 (The Message)

No comments: