July 4, 2010

Longing for and living freedom (9/100)

This jorney is bleeding into the other areas of my life (or is it the other way around?).

Today being Independence Day prompted my gratitude for societal freedom while reminding me that freedom comes with difficulty and struggle. I was thinking specifically at the time of my desire for financial freedom and challenged to stay at the task until this freedom is realized.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery" (Galatians 5:1).

Within the book I am reading on Muslim women, the liberating freedom of Christ's love that enables us to pursue service of power and influence was highlighted. I found myself again grateful but this time for the freedom of time these last several days to read, reflect, and invest in this journey.

One day I will be free to spend the time I am given fully invested in this work, but even now, I am free because of the work of Jesus in and through me.

Free
to listen & to hear
to watch & to see
to wait & to respond
to rest & to engage
to be & to follow hard after You.
"If the Son sets you free, you will be free in deed" (John 8:36).
Powerful, transforming words.

No comments: