July 27, 2010

Unexpected anticipation (32/100)

Awoke with the song by Josh Wilson in my head in the context of my sister --> "Would you dare, would you dare to believe that you still have a reason to sing 'cause the pain that you've been feeling can't compare to the joy that's coming? C'mon, you gotta wait for the light. Press on, just fight the good fight, because the pain that you've been feeling, it's just the hurt before the healing. The pain that you've been feeling, is just the dark before the morning."
What does intercession look like? Could it be holding a truth for another when they can't?
 
Engaging the Exercises with the material from Brian Rice and finding this --> "Integration is when things hold together in wholeness, balance, and order, all seamlessly contributing toward the great purposes of God." Sounds like our desire with our organization.
 
Distracted as I tried to continue work on the research proposal, and eventually, turning to preparation for tomorrow's meeting where we are seeking the counsel of those who have taken an idea and witnessed it become a reality. Grateful for those who have gone before us in similar works being willing to help us along this journey.
 
Considering the name again. I'm beginning to think that trying on a name is like shopping for new clothes. You put it on and consider how it looks, how it feels. You ask the advice of those you trust. You consider your gut response to these and then either put it back on the rack or buy it. (I think we're about to make a purchase.)
 
After this diverse morning, I was heading out the door for work giddy with excitement with a smile on my face I couldn't control. Not for work (trust me on that one) but for the future, even beyond tomorrow. Not sure exactly why, but content in the moment to just experience the joy and excitement of anticipation in God's presence. This feeling continued during my shift returning with each pause and then fully present again as I left for home. I feel like a kid the week before Christmas who sees all of the presents wrapped and just waiting to be torn open and enjoyed. I don't know when the day will come to open any of them or why the anticipation has become so strong. But what I do know is that we are closer to living into the reality of this ministry than ever before.

No comments: