July 2, 2010

Remembering the other side of this experience (7/100)

I am loving this journey of visioning and living into (even in small ways) my calling. Repeatedly, I am reminded that this ministry is something I cannot let go. I must live into it, and you are allowing me to do so even with my limited resources. I was reminded that not everyone has this same opportunity.

I met a woman today who feels that she has been set on the shelf and her "greatest fear is that this is where I will be left." She has in the past tasted the goodness of living into the unique ways God has made her, but for now she has had to release all of this and instead be in this hard place of longing without apparent hope of fulfillment. She knows what you have made her for and the possible vision for expressing her uniqueness. However, she sees no path linking her current state with her longing or vision. She almost can't even say it anymore because it seems like such an impossibility.

I have a taste of these feelings. There was a time when I knew I was made for something more, but all was too dark to see what that might be. Then once the light of God began to reveal my calling, I could not fathom that I would not one day live it to its fullest. Almost daily, however, I now struggle with the length of the path to get there. I am grateful that I live knowing I am moving though unlike my new friend who is unsure if she will ever take another step forward.

Lord, continue to loosen our grips of control allowing us to relax into you,

the One
who in all
circumstances
is
present,
active,
and good.

No comments: