July 23, 2010

A continuing walk of trust (28/100)

This research proposal continues to take on a life of its own these days. Now that may be good since it is due to my professor in 8 days, but its growth is making me wonder if God means for me to actually do this project. It involves soliciting the help of 10 organizations (five with a formal member care department and five without) who will provide workers to interview on site in an extended fashion. As a learner in the world of the career cross-cultural worker, I will be asking for their help in a collaborative learning project to determine the key components for training, enhancement, development, and provision within each of the themes that comprise holistic care resulting in resilience on the field.

In addition to typical qualitative research analysis with results meant to inform our developing member care organization's programming and service activities, I can see a book resulting from the work.

It would be a summative presentation of the interviews with points of counsel from the experienced worker to the one in preparation for their first field assignment. Inclusive in this presentation would be pictures and a life and work overview for each of the interviewees. Like an "if I knew then what I know now" kind of book of counsel.

This sounds and feels so cool to consider. But I don't know how to get myself in a financial place to be free to do the work I already have to do in developing this ministry. Where in the world will I find the resources in time and money to do this kind of project?

I know. God has that part figured out.
All I need to do is to continue to step on the next stone in the path as it is revealed. This is a walk of faith and trust. Again, this is about many things but key in purpose is growing intimacy with Jesus along the journey.

No comments: