July 14, 2010

Maintaining contact (19/100)

Leaning into you today, Lord. No strength left, none but yours.

Continuing to learn, vision, and dream.

Growing awareness of a life of intentionality, living into all God has for me, daily choosing to release the good and sometimes the better for the best. Yet, this is a life of trust. Full knowledge and confidence in all God has for me is hidden by my vision that is clouded by sin and brokenness. But it is also hidden out of grace and God's desire for intimacy with me. In order to take each step without knowing fully my path, I must lean into him, not just for strength, but for guidance, as well. The shifting of his form supporting me as I walk guides my direction only as I trust what I feel in his movements. Losing contact with him means losing my ability to stay on the path he has for me. If I were to clearly know the way, I would depend on me, soon falling off the path for lack of strength and ability. It is in the not knowing, in the mystery, and the unknown that I am joined to him not just for direction but in awareness of all the other areas where I can't but he more than can. And in this, an experiential knowledge is revealed that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

No comments: