July 25, 2010

Restored (30/100)

In the time of worship this morning the name that has come together today for our organization was filling my mind. Could this be real? Could this be it? The implications of moving along the next steps of the path from an idea to reality, caught me by surprise.

He will wipe away your tears and return your wasted years. This is our God. (Chris Tomlin)

These words shook me back into the moment and out of my reflections. Is this not what God is doing with my life? Overwhelmed with emotion. The tears flowed. I could not stand. The words of C.S. Lewis in reference to his life came to mind: Surprised by joy.
 
O, Lord, I celebrate you. O, Jesus, I praise you. Bless the Lord, O, my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O, my soul and forget none of his benefits. . . Bless the Lord, all you works of his, in all the places of his dominion; bless the Lord, O, my soul! Psalm 103: 1-2, 22

No comments: