August 15, 2010

Willing to ask; willing to wait (51/100)

Wow! More than halfway through these days already!!

Presenting my proposal for advocacy work in promoting holistic care of cross-cultural workers today for my cohort and professor was sufficient to cause me to pause in amazement of God's gracious provision. Sharing with them the work you have done over the last year was totally cool! A name, mission and vision statements, details of programming plans, my growing passion for advocating and serving the greater work of reaching this world with the Gospel by equipping those caring for the worker on the frontlines.

Then on top of this today You demonstrated that You are working to create connections that I could have never imagined. It appears that through my professor's church there may be an opportunity to implement our concepts of care for their short-term teams.

My desire to give myself fully to this work contiues to grow.

The hindrances (primarily fiscal) that keep me from this tear at my heart. Am I willing to ask here also? Lord, would You set me free? Is this too much to ask? Am I asking too soon? Can I trust You that it is okay to ask? Can I trust You to answer?

O, Lord, You know my desires for You have placed them there. Show me how to hold these with open hands trusting Your ways. Cause me to rest into You in the waiting.

No comments: