August 21, 2010

Freedom to release (57/100)

Reminded of the cost of the freedoms I enjoy as I visited the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Philly with some friends who were visiting from Texas.
Reminded also that although rest and peace and holding myself and others without expectations has become a part of my life, there are significant friends for whom this kind of walk doesn't make sense. At the minimum, they see me not making sense, at the worst as captured by heresy.

I so easily forget the privilege it is to engage in the level of community I do these days. The freedom to live fully into all God has made me to be flows out of this community dynamic. This confirms the need for us in this ministry to cross-cultural workers to do what we can to create such a community of safety for them so that they can live into their calling as God has meant for them.

There is so much freedom in a life of trust in God's love and goodness. I don't have to fix every one's lives or ministries or doctrines. I can trust God to be God and join Him in His work as He gives opportunity, but He is the one doing the fixing. Lord, grow my friends and family in the experience of Your love and the freedom it brings to dwell in this place of confident intimacy with You.

No comments: