August 9, 2010

Remaining at your pace (45/100)

Reminded today that step by step this organization will be established.  Repeatedly reminded to wait rather than running ahead just for the sake of movement. Pressing into things rather than walking the path laid before me will only result in frustration.

Learning to be as I try to help others identify how they can learn to be. Not really an expert, huh? Although this is congruent with our core value of Integral wholeness -- comprehensively whole in Christ; not perfect, but perfectly broken in Jesus for His use; displaying resilience in all areas of life achieving continual relevance.

Again it is about trust and about walking into my desires. A quote of A.W. Tozer from The Pursuit of God was significant today --

Come near to the holy men and women of the past and you will soon feel the heat of their desire after God. They mourned for Him, they prayed and wrestled and sought for Him day and night, in season and out, and when they had found Him the finding was all the sweeter for the long seeking.

And then the following song set things in perspective as well.

Whatever you're doing inside of me

It feels like chaos somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving into something heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Reevaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow your will
or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is you want from me
I give everything I surrender...
Whatever you're doing inside of me

It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly


Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but now I can see
This is something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly. . . . Sanctus Real

Jesus, continue your work, keep me at your side, moving at your pace, my attention fixed on you.

http://s0.ilike.com/play#Sanctus+Real:Whatever+You're+Doing+(Something+Heavenly):69045431:s26876828.9630967.3788994.0.2.38%2Cstd_5ccd595820864351b2fb70ec7c0a16d4

No comments: