August 23, 2010

When there is nothing left (59/100)

Trying to do the reading in anticipation for my class tonight, listening to the discussion, seeing a powerpoint presentation -- fatigue, the influence of a long day, recently consumed coffee found to be less than effective. "I just want this to be over so I can sleep."

Knowing that I still had another hour to give to this journey and absolutely unable to imagine how I will do it.

And then, . . .

prayer. asking. gracious provision.

Suddenly, my mind is fresh. Continuing to consider revisions of the strategic plan. Continuing programming development. Consideration of the many details I previously laid out and now trying to stay aware of how they fit into the programming and organizational development as currently outlined. Not exactly easy things to consider much less do when so tired.

When I can't go on, You provide. When I can't think straight, You think for me. When there is nothing left, You are there. How can I not trust a God so intimately responsive to my needs and honoring of my heart to live all He has for me?

No comments: