August 19, 2010

Feeling loved (55/100)

There are just some days when you feel a bit more loved than others (and because of this more lovely). This has been one of those for me. What made this the case today is multifaceted.

Some of it is being engaged in places of influence for the Kingdom.

I began my day with a group of people committed to seeing God change the city of York by influencing the lives of children and their families through education and the power of a loving, spiritual community. What a privilege to serve with them.

Moving from this setting to caring for patients from ages five to 86 demonstrated to me the potential within my profession to influence across the span of life. Encouraging the development of a child into all God has called him to be despite any apparent obstacles or providing counsel for living life to the end with dignity, strength, and personal influence.

Some of it is the love of others in their gifts of provision and themselves.

Receiving a gift of care from some of my friends was an additional place unique to today. This demonstrated to me the way my friends see me and that caring for the external can reduce the hindrances of expressing the internal work of God in my life.

Continuing my day having the chance to see members of my adopted family from Texas who have come to visit. This reminded me of the value I add to others lives not just now as I am living more fully into my calling but through the years as well.

And some of it is the privilege of calling and expression.

Finally, being here concluding this days work on this journey into calling and specifically refining the presentation of our strategic plan for launching Relevant Resilience. That God would give me this vision and then grant me the privilege of living into it is amazing.

And then there is now. Posting to this blog where others engaging in their own journeys perhaps are finding encouragement from mine.

Grateful in love. Satisfied in His embrace.

No comments: