August 26, 2010

Still growing (62/100)

Too often, I start when praying out in a cry for help, "O, God, I can't do this without You. . . "

The fact is that I can't do anything without You. I can't even take a single breath without You filling my lungs with Your breath of life. Am I reminding myself of this when I start a prayer in this way? I think so. This prayer surfaces like a geyser from deep inside of me in times of overwhelming struggle and feelings of powerlessness. When I am spent, when I have exhausted myself in trying to make everything work, when all I want to do is quit, it is then that this cry bursts forth.

When am I going to get it? This is not my work, it is Yours. None of it. Not my job situation, school, finances, ministry, family, friends, or even me.

This 100-day journey is about growing in trust, and again today, I am reminded of my need to do just that. I am challenged by the following song from Relient K to not underestimate the work You are doing in me through all of this.

For the Moments I Feel Faint
Am I at the point of no improvement? What of the death I still dwell in?
I try to excel, but I feel no movement. Can I be free of this unreleasable sin?

Never underestimate my Jesus. You're telling me that there's no hope.
I'm telling you you're wrong. Never underestimate my Jesus
When the world around you crumbles He will be strong, He will be strong

I throw up my hands, "Oh, the impossibilities!"
Frustrated and tired. Where do I go from here?
Now I'm searching for the confidence I've lost so willingly
Overcoming these obstacles is overcoming my fear

Never underestimate my Jesus. You're telling me that there's no hope.
I'm telling you you're wrong. Never underestimate my Jesus
When the world around you crumbles He will be strong, He will be strong

I think I can't, I think I can't, but I think you can. I think you can.
I think I can't, I think I can't, but I think you can. I think you can.
Gather my insufficiencies and place them in your hands, place them in your hands, place them in your hands.


For the Moments I Feel Faint -- Relient K

No comments: