August 13, 2010

Engaging the common (49/100)

Sometimes I have to just do the ordinary stuff, and that is what today has been in this journey. Making such recent progress and ready to expand on the themes developed in these areas makes it hard to divert my attention to the more routine tasks. Necessity today forced this to happen.

Frustration at such basic things reminded me of the lessons from yesterday. I soon found myself grateful for the time and provision of the appropriate and working equipment to handle such routine things. I was also reminded that it is being faithful in these small, basic things that keep us moving toward the goal.

Steady, step-by-step movement is really all that is required at this point in this ministry, and in the larger work God is doing in me to transform me into his image. There are days obviously in this, like yesterday, where I wonder if I am moving at all since the progress is so incremental. The issue is not what I see, but the fact that You are doing a work and from your perspective everything is progressing on schedule. Hold me close during these times, Jesus, continuing in responsive awareness of you.

No comments: