August 22, 2010

Desire reassured (58/100)

Today helping another organization as its leaders are establishing their ministry gave me the chance to briefly share how I feel our organization can support their work. After explaining just a small point of our programming plans, the person I was speaking to commented, "It's obvious that this is your passion."

I can't help it. When I speak about this work, my passion bleeds through in every word.
And everywhere I look, especially within my church, I see the potential for integrating resources in this area.

Engaging in this activity and then in this daily journey of intentionality, my impatience again surfaced. I want to spend all my time doing this. O, God, when will this be possible!

Immediately there was an internal check, and a prayer of desire surfaced, "Lord, help me rest into you as I wait."

Faithfully preparing,
living daily into calling,
continuing to grow in awareness of You,
hearing Your reassuring voice speaking with calmness,
"Just wait. My timing is best. Your vision will be realized for I gave it to you."

No comments: