August 24, 2010

Reminded of purpose (60/100)

Fatigue in general and frustration with my current class on Advocacy is resulting in poor engagement into this learning opportunity. To pursue this as a class that needs to be completed is where I have been today as I have been forcing myself to just do the work.

Frustrated and irritated. Reminded to pray. Crying out for help to get the work done. Crying out for meaning and purpose in this.

Gently reminded that advocacy is part of my bent. Speaking for the voiceless was my role in my family. All through medical school and residency I engaged the process of crafting public policy and advocating for patients and for change in the healthcare system. My intent was to work within the system to make things better. Then faced with the overwhelming reality of being in practice, I lost hope of anything ever changing.

But even prior to this, I began to sense that my role as an advocate in the future would be within a different setting. As I previously posted, I unexpectedly found my voice again as an advocate in my final assignment I will be doing for this class. (Somehow I had forgotten about this until I offered this situation in prayer today.)

I remembered that I need to learn this material (as best I can) for the sake of living out not only my own calling but also leading our ministry in expressing our fifth core strategy.
We will enhance awareness to the needs of the cross-cultural worker within their church, agency, and/or business. As we promote awareness of the needs of cross-cultural workers, we will take opportunities to engage supporting churches, agencies, and businesses in the work of individualized, holistic care of their personnel. Our hope is that with time, there will develop an increasingly contagious commitment to caring for our brothers and sisters who are stepping out into the hard places of the world displaying the glory of Christ regardless of their financial supporting mechanism.
Lord, grant that I might learn well those aspects of this class that have meaning and purpose for Your work through me though I don't see all the connections. Give me clarity of mind and renew in me a teachable spirit. As with this journey, so also in this class, I don't want to miss being with You, experiencing You, moving through this place of struggle leaning into You, Your presence, Your movements.

No comments: