June 25, 2010

An unexpected journey

After hearing Melody Hogan share about her experience of "100 Days, 100 Paintings" (http://www.melodyhogan.com/), I was challenged that her experience was not about painting but about God's challenge for her to return to the daily pursuit of living out all God had made her to be. I sensed God's voice to me as well, and therefore I am embarking on my own journey to live into and live out the calling God has placed on my life with greater intentionality and purpose than ever before.

My calling? He has uniquely made me to lead in the context of community unto the holistic nurturing of cross-cultural workers.

Days of preparation (6/19 - 6/25):
Although wanting to not lose the momentum of inspiration, I was quickly faced with my need for a time of preparation. During this time, the details of my journey have been clarified:
  • 2-hours of intentional daily investment
  • the activites will vary (reading, meetings, planning, visioning, study, writing, and others)
  • on Sabbaths the time will be set apart with activities of reflection and prayer
  • in congruence with the uniqueness of me, this will also be an engagement in creativity (writing, blogging, drawing, photography)
  • intentionality will be required (entering the specified times in my BB to guard the time)
  • engaging the presence of others along the way
  • the purpose is not getting work done but rather a refining of focus and purpose and trusting abandon unto deepening intimacy

And so, the journey begins, tomorrow.

No comments: