June 26, 2010

This isn't supposed to be easy, right? (1/100)

I've spent way too much time lately (years now) as a square peg trying to fit into a whole board full of round holes that I have become accustomed to the struggle of not fitting. So, today when I spent my first designated 2-hours of this journey into calling and it felt so comfortable, I felt guilty.

Where did I get the idea that living into calling or following God's lead should feel hard? I've known this in my head but my heart is having trouble grasping the concept.

This was so enjoyable, and I feel like there may be days ahead on this journey when it will even be fun! Where did I get the idea that this experience would be a burden? Shouldn't living in concert with the way God has made me be a joy? Could this be what it feels like to live Matthew 11:28-30?

Lord, teach me to see, accept, relax into how you have made me as it is expressed within the settings of school work, future jobs, platforms of ministry, and life in general.

So, this is what it feels like?
Square peg, square hole.
Wow!

No comments: