January 27, 2009

Intentional: What a word?! What a concept?!

Living intentionally is my desire, but it always seems that after a period of time I just get tired -- I eventually regain my strength and motivation and try again but there is this continual waxing and waning intentionality with periods of numbness, fatigue, and just moving through life, nothing more than riding the waves.

It feels like being on a surf board paddling out against the waves where after a time I get tired and have to just lay on the board being tossed and pushed by the waves until I recover and can start paddling again. The puropse of all of the effort makes it all worth it, but . . . ?

I don't think this is how I'm meant to live -- this feels more like drivenness than what I sense a life of intention is supposed to be. Now this is small scale drivenness compared to the life controlling drivenness I used to live, but drivenness none the less.

So, if this isn't the way then what does it mean to be "Highly Intentional"? Lord, teach me.

No comments: